Fluttr Online Community Moderator
The Ethical Social Group (ESG) is a company on a mission to bring back the good in social media.
We produce tech-led products that improve the lives of our members through the promotion of positive interaction and safe social engagement. We are in the advanced stages of developing and launching our dating App Fluttr and our Social platform wndr.
Both are fully verified environments that deliver safe spaces for people to come together and communicate in a positive and secure space.
We will also be developing further applications in the coming years which would fall into the successful candidates’ remit.
Fluttr online community moderator job purpose:
As a Fluttr Online Community Moderator, you will implement the Company’s Moderation Strategy by monitoring and moderating member-generated content to ensure that the online community is maintained as a safe and fun environment.
Given the sensitive content you could be dealing with, you will need strong personal resilience and the ability to operate in a pressurised and fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work from home.
- Implementing the online community moderation strategy
- Providing exemplary customer service and support to our community with the help of various communication tools
- Reviewing and moderating all member-generated content and member profiles (including pre-, post- and reactive moderation) including forums, comments, images, video and audio.
- Following the Moderation Guidelines
- Servicing Community Admin accounts, processing emails, complaints and escalations
- Providing feedback of daily statistics, issues and outcomes
- Regularly providing feedback from insights gained from community moderation into the Product team
- Monitoring the in-app posts and member updates to anticipate potential issues
This is a demanding and pressurized role and we are looking for someone with very specific skills. Training and ongoing support will be provided.
Please read the list below and carefully consider if you have what it takes to be a moderator.
- Strong organisational and multitasking skills combined with a proactive approach to tasks
- The ability to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge of the online social media industry and its culture, including internet culture in general
- Be highly self-driven and results-oriented
- The ability to effectively communicate information and report statistics both verbally and in writing
- Be a reliable and trusted team member
- Have good technical understanding, including computer literacy and the ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Have an excellent understanding of the core principles of delivering great customer service
- Mental agility, critical thinking and problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with complex and/or upsetting material
- The ability to stay cool under pressure
- Have an eye for minutiae coupled with exceptional judgment
- Be open to constructive feedback
- If you are successful in obtaining a position with us as a moderator you will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- A willingness to actively engage in continual dialogue to help boost the transparency and credibility of our moderation procedures.
- Have a minimum BA/BSc degree or the equivalent qualification
- Have previous work experience in an office-based environment
- Be interested in noteworthy social issues, breaking news, and popular trends
- Be familiar with internet laws and regulations
Expected start date: May 2021
Job Type: Permanent
Hours of work:
Shift 1: 7 am – 3 pm
Shift 2: 3pm – 11pm
Please specify which shift you are applying for: Shift 1, Shift 2 or no preference
Office Location: Alderley Park, Nether Alderley, Macclesfield SK10 4TG
To apply: Please submit an up-to-date CV and a short 2-3 minute video of yourself describing why you think this job is right for you and what you can bring to our company in this role.