The Ethical Social Group (ESG) is a company on a mission to bring back the good in social media.
We produce tech-led products that improve the lives of our members through the promotion of positive interaction and safe social engagement. We are in the advanced stages of developing and launching our dating App Fluttr and our Social platform wndr.
Both are fully verified environments that deliver safe spaces for people to come together and communicate in a positive and secure space. We will also be developing further applications in the coming years which would fall into the successful candidates’ Remit.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Marketing Manager to join our team.
Purpose of the Role
Your role will see you drive compelling campaigns, develop strong marketing strategies and design effective social media plans.
You’ll often find yourself reporting on key successes, areas for improvement and new ideas, both to your immediate colleagues as well as those outside of your team who may not have had any involvement in your campaigns.
As a start-up this is an exciting time to join the team and help make a meaningful change in the social media landscape.
We are looking for self-starters who can manage internal and external stakeholders, oversee and co-ordinate agency relationships, and project manage campaigns from concept and ideation through to implementation.
- Working with the Chief Marketing Officer and Head of Brand and Creative, to set the marketing and comms strategy for the business.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders with confidence to deliver marketing plans.
- Ability to manage tight timelines
- Project manage and lead on agency relationships and campaigns – ensuring they are aligned, on brief, within scope and delivering to time.
- Co-ordinate campaigns through to delivery
- Solid understanding of marketing mix – ATL, Social, Digital, PR – able to evaluate and develop marketing and media plans and associated budgets
- Collate and interpret data (from internal and external sources / partners) to inform marketing strategy and plans.
- Writing creative briefs for agencies, partners and other third parties
- Researching and analysing market trends and competitors.
- Tracking effectiveness of marketing campaigns and reporting findings to the executive team.
- Writing and delivering content and social media plans.
- Managing the marketing budget to delivering a return on investment.
- Managing in-house and external design and production of assets
- To undertake any other relevant duties which fall under the general scope of this role as directed by the Chief Marketing Officer.
Essential experience & skills
As a marketing manager, you will need to have a range of skills including:
- Excellent communication skills: Communication skills are vital, not just for the purpose of managing others effectively, but also for the smooth running of day-to-day internal communications – be it via email, telephone or face-to-face meetings, where you will be communicating potential ideas and strategies to colleagues and getting to grips with new concepts.
- Social media skills: You need strong social media skills to enable you to engage with your target audience and design new strategies to grow your relationships with them.
- Organisation skills: You’ll have a great sense of responsibility as you plan and drive campaigns as well as manage budgets – your organisational skills will be invaluable, as will your presentation skills.
- Writing skills: You’ve got to be comfortable with your writing abilities as you’ll be required to write briefs, proposals, copy and specs for clients and their audiences alike.
- You will be a strong project manager able to co-ordinate and deliver our vision and strategy through creative campaigns and ongoing comms.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of industry experience, a background in social apps would be advantageous.
We are looking for dynamic candidates with a start-up mentality, focussed on delivery you understand the need for momentum and maintaining pace, but can also adapt to change and fluidity.
We’re happy to consider flexible working options for the role, and we’ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Starting Salary: £45,000.00 per year
Location: UK remote and various locations
Benefits: Work from home